Wardrobe Essentials: The Wrap Dress
Now here’s a wardrobe essential that I love to talk about: the Wrap Dress! Wrap dresses are such a hit simply because they are timeless. Though the concept for wrap dresses originated in the ‘20s-‘30s, they were truly brought into the fashion forefront during the ‘70s by top fashion designer, Diane Von Furstenberg (DVF). Her long-sleeved dresses were made from soft jersey fabrics and featured flattering v-necks. This sheath dress literally wraps around the body and is ‘closed’ on the side of the hip with a feminine tie. The dresses looked great then and still look great now.
Why a Wrap Dress Should Be a Staple in Your Closet
- Most importantly, it naturally highlights your curves and form a flattering, hourglass silhouette – this is the look you want!
- It’s great at disguising tummy bulges due to the gentle fabric rushing that occurs in that region.
- It’s versatile – you can slip in and out of it so easily!
- It’s an easy transitional day-to-night dress; you can rock this dress at work and then later on for cocktails!
- You can diversify your wardrobe by having multiple wrap dresses in different colors or prints.
- It’s easy to accessorize – your neck can be adorned with either a statement or understated necklace (depending on the print of the dress), and you can always pop the dress with a complementary clutch and pumps.
- It’s just so feminine!
Since wrap dresses are so popular, they are pretty easy to find in department stores, boutiques, online retailers, etc. Keep in mind that you’re not limited to DVF for wrap dresses – you can find great options with other designers such as Maggy London. Regardless of which designer you choose, be sure to give this dress a try – I’m confident that you’ll love it!
PS – Check out another wardrobe essential that you need in your wardrobe: the Trench Coat.
Roxanne Carne is a recognized Personal Stylist & Personal Shopper styling women in Dallas, TX and virtually! Visit www.roxannecarne.com to discover how she can help transform your wardrobe and transform your life!
Share this Post