Dress Code 101: Dressy Casual
Continuing on in my dress code series, today I’d like to focus on the Dressy Casual look. Occasions where you’d rock this type of look include date night, luncheons, informal work parties, entertaining at home, etc. – you get the point! Here’s one piece of advice – this is a no-jean look. Jeans take it down to everyday casual and that’s not the look you’re trying to achieve here.
How to Style Your Dressy Casual Look
So what elements do you need to pull together a great Dressy Casual look? Here are some wardrobe ideas for you (no jeans included!):
- A well-fitting sheath or shift dress: opt in with a solid color or have a bit of fun with it and wear a flattering printed pattern
- Well-tailored pants: you can go with wide-legged pants, cropped pants, etc. with a smart blouse
- Jumpsuit: for me, this is the ultimate Dressy Casual look in and of itself!
- Jewelry: depending on the theme of your outfit, you can accent the look with refined jewelry pieces or incorporate bolder statement pieces
- Smart pumps or ankle-strap sandals
- A coordinating clutch – who wants to carry around a big purse to an event anyway? 😉
Here’s a mood board I created that highlights some of these ideas:
So the next time you’re invited to an event where the dress code is Dressy Casual, you’ll be able to nail it when pulling your look together! Also, if you haven’t done so already, take a peek at my tips on the best way to style Cocktail, Formal Daytime, Formal and Garden Party looks. And, of course, if you need help styling a particular look for a special event, you can reach me here to connect!
Roxanne Carne is a recognized Personal Stylist & Personal Shopper styling women in Dallas, TX and virtually! Visit www.roxannecarne.com to discover how she can help transform your wardrobe and transform your life!
Share this Post