A Quick Rundown on the Athleisure Trend
Becoming ever more popular on the fashion scene is athleisure – looks that are literally the combination of athletic and leisure/lounge wear popped off with smart accessories for a more thoughtful, stylized finish. Trendsetters that indulge in this style rock athleisure looks socially and even for…wait for it…work! (Not in my town, LOL!) Anyway, more and more designers are incorporating this style of clothing into their fashion lines and you probably see a lot of it in street style. The word athleisure even got added to the Merriam-Webster dictionary in 2015!
What is Athleisure?
What It IS:
- Looks like designer leggings coupled with fancy heels & a layered combination of a tank covered with a sheer, lightweight off-the-shoulder sweater
- Stylish, designer jogging pants styled up with a faux fur jacket
- Cashmere sweats (yes, those exist!)
- Couture or fashion-forward sneakers
- Really any combination of athleisure clothes matched up with other high-end, fun, or stylish elements
What It’s NOT:
- Wearing yoga pants for any purpose other than practicing yoga – LOL
I’ll also mention that athleisure is more popular in the west coast due to the warmer climate – of course! But east-coasters can certainly give this style a shot in spring/summer seasons too. Popular brands include Tory Sport (from Tory Burch), Fabletics (by Kate Hudson), Carbon38, and FitBox.
All in all, while athleisure might not be for everyone, it’s certainly a fun and easy way to explore your personal style options and change things up a bit. With that said, if you want to try a few new athleisure looks, do indulge me and put a little bit of thought into it. A combo of yoga pants and a t-shirt isn't exactly the most stylish look you’re capable of pulling off, so step outside of your zone and fun with it! 😉
Roxanne Carne is a recognized Personal Stylist & Personal Shopper styling women in Dallas, TX and virtually! Visit www.roxannecarne.com to discover how she can help transform your wardrobe and transform your life!
Share this Post