Capsule Wardrobe – Could This Be For You?
Ever hear of a capsule wardrobe? If you’ve been around for the last few years, I’m certain that you probably have! But just in case you haven't or just need a refresher, here’s a quick rundown for you. The capsule wardrobe concept is having a closet that's edited down to the bare essentials. That’s right! No jammed-pack closets full of clothes that you probably don’t even wear. It’s wardrobe simplicity at its best!
Benefits of a Capsule Wardrobe
You know that feeling when you open your closet and are desperately trying to figure out what to wear? Well, one of the best things about a scaled down wardrobe is that it reduces frustration. A minimal, condensed collection of key wardrobe pieces can greatly simplify your life. Translation: no more wasted time trying to put together an outfit together each morning! 😉
A Closer Look at the Capsule Wardrobe
Having a minimalist wardrobe is all about curating a limited amount of key clothing items that you can remix into multiple stylish looks. In a nutshell, the idea here to keep your wardrobe limited to just two or three of each core item. Keep in mind that minimalism doesn’t necessarily mean the minimalist style archetype, but minimal in terms of volume. So if you’re seriously thinking about having a complete closet makeover, a capsule wardrobe is probably a good place to start.
A Capsule Wardrobe Might Be Good for You If…
- You’re ready to press reset – you’re contemplating a wardrobe makeover and essentially want to take things back to basics
- You've got too many clothes that you haven’t worn in a long time
- You're on a budget and want to keep clothing expenses minimal
- You've experienced a major life change (had a baby, weight loss/gain, change of job status) and just need to simplify
- You prefer a minimalist lifestyle and believe in ethical fashion
- You travel frequently and need a simplified wardrobe for packing
- You’re tired of large laundry loads & expensive dry cleaning bills
- You have limited closet space
A Capsule Wardrobe Might Not be Good for You If….
- You have an addiction to shopping, LOL
- You prefer to have a large variety of clothes to choose from
- You're not overwhelmed by managing a larger wardrobe
- You’re pretty good at culling your wardrobe on a regular basis
FREE Capsule Wardrobe Essentials Checklist
You don’t have to guess which core wardrobe items you’ll need to build your new capsule wardrobe. I’ve got you! To help get you started, I'd love for you to have my free Capsule Wardrobe Essentials Checklist – sign up below to get your copy!
So, if you’re at a crossroads with your closet and want to start over, I highly recommend implementing a capsule wardrobe. Remember that in time, you can always build your wardrobe back up from the essentials if you want to. There are no hard and fast rules here – it’s all about what you feel most comfortable with and what works best for your lifestyle.
Interested in building a capsule wardrobe AND learning my best style tips? See why my signature Closet Edit styling package is the right solution to help start your wardrobe makeover. Not local to the Washington, DC area? No worries – my virtual package, the Personal Style Discovery, can help you too! Contact me if you have any questions!
Roxanne Carne is a recognized Personal Stylist the DC metro area styling women in Northern Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, and virtually! Visit www.roxannecarne.com to discover how she can help you define your style!
Share this Post